Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Day 28: Hot and Fresh Cup of Coffee



Lyrics:

Good morning
How you been sleeping?
I wish you were here with me
If you were home
I would keep you warm
With a hot and fresh
Cup of coffee

Well I got
The beans for grinding
And I've kept the filter clean
And I'd serve it up
Black or with cream
If only you would come
Back to me

We had a debate
I couldn't tolerate
A caffeinated drink with you
No cappuccino
No flat white or macchiato
Not even chai tea would do

But mornings
Aren't the same without you
I wish you were her with me 
If you decide
To return, I'll provide
A hot and fresh
Cup of coffee

Details: I don't drink coffee (or tea), and when people find out, sometimes they look at me like I'm an alien. I thought it might be fun to write a song taking it to the extreme: a relationship that ends because they don't both drink coffee. The style in the recording is 50s country-folk (I think), but I was really hoping to make it sound like Fats Domino (I looooooove Fats Domino); when you listen to it, try to imagine a piano playing triplets, and that's what it should sound like.

This took about 3 hours to write and less than 15 minutes to record.

No comments:

Post a Comment