Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Day 30: Meteorite



This week I've taken to saying that "unless I'm hit by a meteorite, I'm going to finish my January songwriting challenge", so I figured I'd write a song about it. It took about 4 and a half hours to write. Comments and constructive criticism are encouraged.

Boring Details: I started out wanting to write a heavy metal song, but that wasn't working, so I ended up doing kind of a hard rock song. The rhythm was what came first, and I went through a few different chord progressions before settling on the final one.

Lyrics were super elusive-- I had no idea what I wanted it to be about. At one point it was going to be a song about sex, then it was going to be political (because the State of the Union was tonight), but then I just decided to go with the meteorite thing (partially because my co-workers had been encouraging me to do so earlier in the day). I figure the lyrics can be interpreted as for personal motivation or for a political movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment