Monday, January 15, 2018

Day 15: Eldorado



My pal John Bunzli and I teamed up today to crank out a rockin' tune about someone running away from a horrible event. We wrote this in about 3 hours, and it went super smoothly. If you're interested in hearing more from John, check out his webpage at http://www.johnbunzli.com/

Boring Details: The weather was awful this morning-- well below freezing and snow coming down at a reasonable clip. Since I had to drive to Loveland to do the co-write, I considered canceling. However, I was out of food, so I had no choice but to dig out the car and go to the supermarket; figured I'd just head out to see John in the process... 

John and I are both argumentative sons-of-bitches, and I was really worried that we were going to be butting heads quite a bit during the writing process. But it really worked out well; neither of us hesitated to speak our mind and accept or reject ideas, but we were able to keep moving forward and formulating new ideas. I feel like we got a pretty good balance out of the process, and ended up with a nice little song that blends both of our styles.

The collaborations have been a wonderful break from the grind of writing songs solo. I think the co-writes have lasted between 3 and 4 hours, whereas the solo songs have been averaging about 5-and-a-half hours to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment