Saturday, January 6, 2018

Day 6: Nobody Cares For You


I went full novelty song on this one; it's totally juvenile and rather mean spirited. Sing this to someone who's really bugging you. Not sure how long it took to write, as I did it off-and-on all day while running various errands. Comments and critiques are appreciated.

Boring Details: This song started in the shower (apparently the shower is only inspiring when I'm not heading off to the day job) and started off with the chorus as "I'm not ready yet, ooh ooh". At first I was going to make it a song about hoping and dreaming for something, then not being prepared to jump on the opportunity when it arrives. That would've been deep, but I had a hard time coming up with the right scenario to work with. Also, I was considering rapping/talk-singing the verses, but that wasn't working out, either. Ultimately I decided the melody was too cutesy, so I decided to sabotage it by making the lyrics really mean. It probably still comes off too sweetly...

No comments:

Post a Comment