Thursday, January 11, 2018

Day 11: If You Can See Me


For my second co-write, I got to work with singer-songwriter-harpistCheyenne Dane. We had a blast writing this alternative folk tune together and actually finished in about 3 hours-- that's the quickest turnaround for this whole song-a-day project.
Details: Cheyenne is a wonderfully passionate writer and performer who I met at local open mics. She's accompanied me on some songs for a few performances around the area. I tried learning some of her songs, but the chords she uses challenge my guitar skills, I'm afraid. Whatever the case, this is the first time we've tried writing a song together.
Cheyenne has a free flowing, poetic style, which is one reason we knocked this one out so quickly. She writes wonderfully personal lyrics with striking imagery and word play. I focused more on the structure of the song, and the droning quality of the guitar part was partially inspired by some of Sufjan Stevens work.

No comments:

Post a Comment