Friday, December 5, 2014

Holidays Aren't Fun

We're currently steeped in the Holiday Season.  Many of us (including myself) are feeling the pressure to fulfill the obligations of the season.  That may involve spending a lot of money, or it could mean having to force a smile.  I'm not terribly down on Christmas this year, but there have been years when the season was horrible to muddle through, and I suspect some of you feel that way this year.

I wrote this song a couple years ago as an anthem for the "bah humbug" crowd, with a little help from my friend Sina Hirsch on backing vocals. It's a little inspired by The Kinks' "Father Christmas" (which is a brilliantly cynical take on a holiday song).  Anyway, this is one of my favorites of my own tunes; I wish there were more occasions when I could play it.  Be forewarned: there is some foul language in this little diddy...

No comments:

Post a Comment