Wednesday, September 3, 2014

This Weekend: The Bevelers (and more)

I lived in Portland, OR for almost a year from the fall of 2012 through the summer of 2013.  During that time, I got to know this lady who ran an open mic at a cool little cafe in northwest part of the city.  As is often the case with open mic hosts, she had her own musical project going.  But what made Lee Aulson stand out was how her voice could be so powerful yet so sweet at the same time.

I heard a lot of great music in Portland, but Lee's musical duo, The Bevelers, was up there with the very best.  Music this unabashedly beautiful isn't always en vogue, but, damn, when these ladies get to playing, I just have to shut up and listen.  They're one of the groups I really miss getting to listen to when I lived out there.

Luckily, they're coming to the Denver-Boulder area!  If you get the chance, I strongly encourage you check them out:

(For all performances, they're sharing a bill with An American Forest)
9/5 Denver, CO - Illegal Pete’s DU at 9 pm 
9/6 Boulder, CO - Trident Bookstore at 1 pm 
9/6 Denver, CO - Park House at 10 pm  

The ethereal beauty of their live performances is more arresting than any recording, but here's a link to one of their videos to get a taste:


If you're more in the mood for other singer-songwriter faire, my friend John Bunzli is going to be performing as a special guest of Tom Prasada Rao at The Atrium in Fort Collins this Friday night.  Here are some samples of both of their music:



No comments:

Post a Comment